Why is the Astropad Studio iPad app blinking off and on?
If your iPad app is blinking off and on, this is usually due to a poor Wi-Fi connection. You can confirm that Wi-Fi is the problem by connecting your computer and iPad via a USB cable.
You may also be experiencing the following:
- Astropad not connecting initially
- High latency
- iPad “blinks”
- Slow redraw performance
- iPad app opens and closes
Here are some suggestions to try:
- Try restarting both computer and iPad
- Restart your router
- Move closer to your router, or move the router to improve signal
- Make sure AirDrop isn't currently in use
What could be the potential cause of failed Wi-Fi connection?
- Router is on 2.4GHz band (this can conflict with Bluetooth)
- Being too far from router, which weakens the signal
- Using Mac as a hotspot
- Ethernet cord plugged into your computer
- Use of multiple routers, and/or more than one network
- Wi-Fi extenders
- Corporate network security policies
- Firewalls and security programs
- Using VPN