Unresponsive Apple Pencil
If Apple Pencil is acting unresponsive, it is most likely out of battery. Try plugging the pencil into your iPad (Pencil 1) or placing it on the side of your iPad (Pencil 2) and letting it charge for about ten minutes. Then try using it again.
If the problem still persists...
You may need to re-establish a
- On your iPad, try turning Bluetooth off and on, as this can restart the connection.
- Check to make sure your Apple Pencil's nib is securely tightened.
If all else fails...
You will likely need to charge your Pencil and force it to re-pair with the iPad:
- Let the Apple Pencil charge for at least one hour using the charging instructions above.
- Visit the Bluetooth settings on your iPad and remove Pencil from the list of "My Devices" by tapping on "Forget This Device"
- Re-pair your Pencil to your iPad by plugging it into the device with Bluetooth enabled, and follow the pairing dialog that appears.
- Give it a try in Astropad again once it is successfully paired.